Monday, March 19, 2007

Press Releases


Okay, so today I am testing the effectiveness of writing press releases. So I went online, checked out a few examples and templates, wrote a press release and then thought, "now what?" So, I Googled "press releases" and as I am no dummy, figured I wanted to submit my Press release to the big guys, MSN, Google, Yahoo, etc. But how? I tell ya, finding out the information is not easy, and there are numerous services that are available ready and willing to do the work for you.

I am still in grad school and operating on a shoestring budget here. I can't afford some big paid inclusion campaign, so, as usual, I will have to fall back on my own creative ingenuity to get the job done.

My next option was to check out some of the free press release submission sites. I went to free-press-release.com and dbusinessNews.com, signed up for free memberships and submitted my PR as well as my websites in the business directories, just as an aside. I have no idea how effective they will be but, if you are reading this and as this is an experimental journey to my online success, I guess we will find out together. They say if you link to your PRs that it will boost your SEO, so we will see about that too.

Here's the link to my PR: Announcing the Web's Premiere Voodoo Doll Resource Site!

I have not stopped at these two places to submit my PR, and plan to submit to more today. I will post anything I find worthwhile. Til then...

No comments: